|Study: Parts Margin Heat Map
Region: North America
CDK Global Recreation’s Data Services team conducted a study of over 1,300 Powersports dealers from January to August of 2011, totaling $1.2 Billion in parts sales and the parts margin levels by price. The goal of the study was to identify how margins increase/decrease as the price of the part or accessory increases.
Results were mapped based on the count of dealers selling at a specific margin at each price range. The heat map indicates the margin level where the majority of dealers were selling in red, then turns to blue as dealer counts selling within a given price range decreases.
How to read the report:
For parts costing $0 to $5:
- 2 dealers priced for a 10% margin
- 12 dealers priced for a 20% margin
- 50 dealers priced for a 30% margin
- 220 dealers priced for a 40% margin
- 648 dealers priced for a 50% margin
- 310 dealers priced for a 60% margin